Monday, December 14, 2009

Have We Become Braver?

In Mexico, the idea of living abroad has changed a lot in the last few years. I remember when I was younger, it was not common to hear about someone moving to another country, and when you did, it was something people spoke of a lot, just like a hero's prowess or something like that.

More or less three years ago when I discovered Facebook and I started looking for old friends from school, I realized how many of them already lived somewhere else (including myself) and how much things had changed.

Is it that we are more thirsty for international experience, is it that our country is not offering the opportunities we search for anymore, is it that we belong to a restless generation always looking for new challenges and adventures? I don't know. However, we all now share the experience of what it feels like to be an expat and everything you have to go through...

For this reason, I started asking my friends to write about their own experiences and share them in this blog. Hopefully they will want to participate and we can hear interesting stories about Mexicans (mostly) around the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus